Liberalwood Washington, D.C. Limey's Wurzburg, GE Tikrit, Iraq
dd MMM YYYY dd MMM YYYY dd MMM YYYY dd MMM YYYY dd MMM YYYY
00:00 00:00 00:00 00:00 00:00

Saturday, September 10, 2005

C'mon, it's 670-Iraq.

Here is a great article that ran in the Middle East edition of the Stars and Stripes newspaper not too long ago. It says it all.

For those who would have me remove my sunglasses from my head; for those who fought soldiers to have backpacks (even Camelbacks) removed from the dining facility; for those who fought the wear of the booney cap; for those whose main concern was the wear of the physical training uniform in the gym; for those who would have National Guard units remove their state flags from the Pods; and for those who are concerned about what we wear on our way to the latrine, you are the problem.

Not one of the above rules will help me accomplish my mission flying troops over Iraq any more effectively. Not one will lift anyone's morale, nor make them a soldier who is better at what they do, nor make any one of us safer.

THose pet peeves are the work of idle hands. We will remember those pet peeves when the deployment is over and stop loss lifts. I may remember those rules with my feet and maybe I will take the rest of the pilots with me.

That's not a problem, right? The Army doesn't need us.

- CW3 Rob Erlick, Logistics Support Area Anaconda, Iraq


This is a huge reason I am leaving the service. Idiots with nothing better to do than to make like harder (like it's not hard enough in this environment). Good luck to all recruiters and reenlistment NCO's.




Google
 
Web Wordzinga.blogspot.com
Minus the Nemesis WebRing
Join| List | Previous | Next | Random| Previous 5 | Next 5| Skip Previous| Skip Next